The company has been in existence since 1943, having been founded as a sole proprietorship by Victor V. Gormandy. The enterprise which was originally housed at St. Vincent Street, Port of Spain, commenced operations by providing Mechanical Engineering and Machine Shop Services for the Marine, Transport, Electrical, Printing and Building Industries.
In the early 1950’s, Gormandy’s Engineering expanded its activities into the petroleum industry by providing Tank Fabrication and Erection services along with Trunk Pipeline, Pump, Compressor and other Equipment and Machinery installations for the major oil companies in Trinidad and Tobago. These works were also carried out in most of the neighbouring Caribbean Territories. On July 25th. 1980 Gormandy’s Engineering was registered as a Limited Liability Company.
Gormandy’s Engineering Limited presently has its headquarters at Sea Lots, Port of Spain, where our main Machine Shop and Fabrication Facilities are located. Our staff consists of reliable, highly skilled, and cross country knowledge. Our people are critical and central in all of the solutions that we design and deliver, as a result, the level of confidence we have in our human capital is grounded in the fact that we are able to provide a full guarantee on all of our work. (we are about quality)